Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Bright Happiness

Paint.  Yard sales.  Dollar Tree.  Fabric.  Ribbon.  Border.  Contact paper.  Burlap.  My debit card.  Oh MY! 

It’s that time of year again.  Crazy busy, rush to enjoy the last moments of summer all while obsessing with getting your classroom ready for the new school year.  I absolutely love this time of year.  We get a fresh slate, a new opportunity to do things differently.  And I love the smell of school supplies.  Weird, I know.  Sorry, but not sorry.  It’s the teacher in me.
 
ANYWAY, on to the subject at hand.. I have been working feverishly on my classroom and classroom projects.  I took a HUGE leap this year.  I have moved away from primary colors.for a FOR.EV.ER. lover of RED, that’s a huge leap. 
I have gone BRIGHT.  Turquoise, hot pink, lime green, yellow, and burlap. With chevron and polka dots.    

 And I LOVE it! 

My entire classroom is getting a massive makeover.  Projects have ruled my summer.
As luck would have it, I found an awesome rocking chair at a yard sale for  a whopping $10.  Yep, $10.  Did I NEED a new chair?  Nah.  But, come on.$10?!  I had to bite. 

So, this project began.  I almost completely forgot to take a before picand if you look closely, you will see I had already started sanding.  I removed the cushions. (Sorry, I DID forget that before pic).  They were a horrid 70-early 80’s pastel paint fabric yuckiness.

 Gag me with a molded spoon. 




Sooooo…… after lots of sanding and TONS of sweating in this Texas heat. I painted it turquoise.  Then, recovered the cushions in a hot pink and white polka dot.  And there you have it.


Pure and simple.



 
Bright happiness.

Makes me smile.  BIG. 

Happy Tuesday! 
      ~Robin  

0 comments:

Post a Comment