Friday, June 27, 2014

Classroom Jobs

I have to admit that I am stubborn when it comes to teaching responsibility in the classroom. We never agree on EVERYTHING we do in our rooms. So, I stuck with my original plan to have a job for every student in my room every single day. I call off jobs while the kids eat breakfast in the morning. They are responsible for remembering what their jobs are. I do remind them in the beginning of the year until they are trained to remember. :) My students love having a job on a daily basis and it works well for me. They don't have to wait a month before they get to help. It also helps with behavior because if they don't do it properly or with a good attitude they lose their job. Let's face it, kids need to learn to be responsible. If you don't agree with it and it seems to be chaotic for your room than you can do the V.I.P. and keep it simple. I included every thing I could think of that I need done in my room on a daily basis. Some of these I don't use in my room but I wanted to make sure to include them so that everyone would be happy with this product. I print and laminate these for durability. I use a pocket chart to display them where the kids can check them anytime they need.  All you add is a name below them and alternate them each day. I take the first name at the top of the chart and switch it with the one beside and go all the way down until I am at the last job on the bottom. That card moves to the top spot. It stays in that order even if  a child is absent. I find it easier to just type the names and print on colored card stock to save on ink and it is just as cute. I will post pictures of how mine is set up as soon as I get them laminated. 
 I designed it in different formats and designs that you can find on TPT at http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Three-Sassy-Sisters-4371. 




2 comments:

  1. So cute! What do you have the photographer do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had them take pictures of activities. The only down fall was that we didn't take pictures every day. :(

    ReplyDelete